The bad news: It’s morning. Coffee isn’t working.
The good news: Coffee is the not the solution to life’s problems.
Weekday mornings are never appealing, so here are some tips to start your morning off right and get through those wee hours of the day (potentially without the need for caffeine)!
1. Drink water. Drink a glass of water instantly after you wake up to de-fog your brain.
2. Don’t snooze. You’re setting yourself up to feel lazy and unmotivated throughout the day when you wake up and hit that snooze button a couple times. Pick a time that gives you enough sleep and also gives you enough time on your daily routine.
3. Exercise in the morning. It actually gives you more energy throughout the day.
4. Turn up the music. My favorite thing is to listen to something I love — R&B, pop, jazz, etc. But to really get my day started, I enjoy listening to Michael Jackson’s “Bad” album or “Thriller”.
5. Take a shower. No explanation needed.
6. Don’t treat coffee like a drug. On days when you feel energized, try cutting down on the amount of coffee you drink. Try drinking tea instead.
7. Eat breakfast. Breakfast is the most important meal of the day. Well, for me, any meal is important. Breakfast gives your brain nutrients to carry out the mental processes throughout the day. Think of it as fuel for your body. Without it you’ll run out of fumes.
8. Talk to someone. This is another favorite of mine. Engage in light conversation with co-workers and/or family members in the morning. Conversation helps the mind and body get out of a zombie-like state.
What do you do to get your day going?